I have thought quite a lot about continuing with this blog and ultimately decided that it was time to come back.
Last year was a really hard year for me. I lost both my Grandfather and my Dad in the fall and honestly I am still feeling sad and orphaned.
Life moves on and it is what it is.
Over the last couple of months (while struggling through the holiday season that usually brings me so much joy) I have been trying to figure out what makes me happy – like really being intentional about it. People that make me happy. Objects that make me happy. Activities that make me happy.
If it doesn’t bring me joy I am cutting it from existence. Life is so very short and precious. Too short to spend time with people and activities that I hate.
As I am not one to make New Year resolutions typically, I just made a small list of goals for the year:
- Paint – As in on canvas and not my walls. I love to paint and it relaxes me but I don’t do it enough and spend more time planning things that I want to paint on Pinterest than actually PAINTING ANYTHING.
- Finish hiking the North Carolina State Parks – we made it through a few of these last year but with my Dad’s illness we did not finish them.
- Spend time outside every single day (running to and from my car doesn’t count).
- Finish the kids treehouse.
- Learn to ride a unicycle – silly I know but I bought one on a yard sale a couple of years ago and every time I see it in my shed I think “I should take that out and learn to ride it”. 2020 #goals people. Ride the damn unicycle.
- Worry less about work.
- Eat better – I know. I know. Isn’t this on everyone’s list? The truth is, I feel better when I eat better but I am a carb monster when I am stressed. Which leads me to my last goal.
- Cut out unnecessary stress.
That’s it. Happy New Year folks.
Until the next adventure…
One thought on “Obligatory “New Year” post”